Saturday 9 February 2013

7 Day Juice Fast!

It is already February, time passes so quickly. Spring is coming and it is time to prepare for healthier spring and summer.

I decided to do 7 Day Juice Fast! Only juices and herbal teas during 7 days! The completion of this plan is not that easy. Last year I have done 3 days liquid fast including smoothies and only 3 days of juice fast as it got very intense and uncomfortable.  This year I would like to go for full 7 days and beyond if I would feel good. But initial plan is 7 days!


There are countless juicing benefits, one of them is that your body is going to fast and concentrate on eliminating cellular waste in the mean time it gets all the nutrients and vitamins through the juice. Basically when we are removing the fibre from the fruit or vegetable it is easier for our body to absorb nutrients. Yes fibre is important, but I believe that systematical juice fasts during the year are good for the body. My goal of these 7 days is to eliminate as much waste as possible and loose couple of kilos and also to bring me closer to the fruitarian diet. 


When someone is doing a juice fast it is important to stay focused and do not let temptations or mind to dodge you. It is very easy to talk yourself out of it, especially on day 4 of the fast. So lets speak about the days and what to do to stay focused and succeed until the end of day 7.


On the first and second days usually everything is fine, excitement is kicking and you cope with the detox symptoms (depends how clean your body is, sometimes first few days are very hard) fairly easy. Then starting from day  3 the detox goes deeper into the cells and the body aligns itself on elimination of cellular waste. On day 4 usually people break down. And yes I did the same thing last time on day 4 I could not cope, my mind was fuzzy and all I wanted was to chew something, and I slipped. Here is a short but inspirational video. This video really inspired me and I want to go till the end of day 7. 





After day 4 I can`t say anything as I haven't done it yet, I believe that it gets easier with each day as it goes. I will share my experience after completing this juice fast. 

I decided that I will start my juice fast on Wednesday  which will lead me to have day 4 on Saturday, when I can stay at home and stay in the bed if I want to. Otherwise Saturday is my Bikram Yoga day, but I will tell you about that in some other post. 



Inspiration during the juice fast is very important. The best inspiration for me is Dan The Man or Liferegenerator on YouTube and Dr. Robert Morse. These two are inspiring me everyday to stay on this journey! Also I have a couple of books that I would be reading through. One of them is Arnold Ehert "Mucusless Diet" and "Rational fasting" and Dr.Morse book  "The Detox Miracle Source book"  I read them all but I will be going through them again. Videos and books will be my inspiration during these 7 days. I may also read a novel just to relax. 


I plan to keep away from TV, not that I am watching it all the time, but it is in the background when my husband does watch. It will help me not to see food adverts on it. It may trigger the hunger and mind to eat something.

Then to keep away from the recipe pages! Oh that would be very hard, as I love to research on raw food recipes  and I know myself that I probably will look into them. 


I will be concentrating on rest as much as possible, although I am an office worker, so I will be working full time Wednesday to Friday and all the evenings rest rest rest! Rest is very important during the fast, it will help you eliminate toxins. 


Another important thing that I will incorporate to this juice fast is an enema, on the third/fourth day. When the toxins will hit hard on the body it will be good to do an enema.  It will be easier to eliminate those toxins in the intestines and it will stop the craving and give you light head. 


Plenty of juices is the key to stay till the end! For this - the key is planning!  Make sure you have plenty of produce available at your disposal at home to make juices for the day. I will also be drinking Heal All Tea and 3 Lung tea to go deeper in my detox. You can also drink water or/and coconut water if desired. 

It is also good to have a variety of juices, but not that important. Just to have something different in taste. My juices  will be of few in variety - orange or citrus juice, apple, apple+carrot and green juice. In my following posts I will share the recipes that I will use. 








No comments:

Post a Comment