Tuesday 1 January 2013

New Year Night Cupcakes

Hurray! The New Year Night was absolutely amazing, I was eating my melon and drinking my orange juice.

I have enjoyed the night in between people I didn't knew and in the arms of my husband. I missed him last year as he was away, this night was magical.


Back to business of cupcakes. I have made them, but did not take them with me as I did not anticipated the quantity of dates that I had.


it is simple and delicious recipe with few ingredients. Here is what you need:





First step is the base:

1 cup of nuts, any nuts like almonds, walnuts or pecans.
1 cup of dates
4 table spoons of water
1 spoon of raw cocoa or carob

Crush the nuts in the food processor and set aside. Then mix the dates and water in food processor it will make paste like consistency. Then mix in the bowl date paste and nuts, you will get nutty dough. I really liked to add water in the dates and only then mixing with nuts, I find it much better rather then just blend it all together.


Fill the cupcakes forms with the nut base.

Next step is cream:
500 gram of ripe persimmons
1/5 tea spoon of cinnamon



Just blend the persimmons in the Vitamix.


And pour the cream into the cupcakes.

should look like this:


Cupcakes are ready to go to the freezer just for one hour. I thought it was to little and I left it for the whole night - big mistake!

The next morning the cupcakes turned into the ice cream.


The recipe needs alternations that I came up with. After the base is made put the cupcakes in to the freezer for few hours, I think the more the better. Then when you are about to have your party or guests pour the cream in the forms and back in the freezer for about one hour. This way the cream will not become ice cream and the base will not fall apart.  I hope you will enjoy this recipe!


No comments:

Post a Comment